Communications as a speaker
- “Biomechanics in lingual orthodontics” S.Velo, G. Siciliani, A. Carano. V Panhellenic Orthodontics Congress Athens, 25-27 September 1998.
- “The lingual comfort bracket: a proposal to improve the benefit for the patient and for orthodontist” S. Velo, G. Siciliani. IV ESLO Congress Bruxxels, 1-3 June 2000.
- “Studio comparativo tra gli adesivi automordenzanti e tradizionali per il bonding in ortodonzia” S. Velo, A. Carano. XVI Congresso Nazionale SIDO Genova, 25-27 Ottobre 2001.
- “Metodica di Tecnica Linguale con gli brackets Philippe” S.Velo, A. Carano. IV Congresso AIOL Roma, Novembre 2001.
- “Titanium miniscrews and lingual technique: a perfect sinergy for better mechanics and anchorage“ S.Velo, E. Rotunno. V ESLO Congress Berlin, 20-22 June 2002.
- “Titanium Miniscrews and lingual technique: a new era in orthodontic anchorage” 2° World Edgewise Orthodontic Congress 5-7 June 2003 Florence Italy.
- “MAS Method : the latest non compliance skeletal anchorage in lingual orthodontics with miniscrews” ESLO Congress 30 June-4 July 2004 Arts Hotel Barcellona Spain.
- “Una nueva filosofia in Ortodoncia para il siglo XXI.” Seminario International Bogotà Colombia 10 Agosto 2004.
- “Nueva gestion de l’anclaje itraoseo-esqueletal M.A.S.” Simposio Internazionale Implante y microimplantes en Ortodoncia 9 Octubre 2004 Santiago de Compostela.
- “The role of molar distalization in Orthodontics: recent scientific evidence “and “ No Compliance Treatment” 3° International Congress of Iranian Association of Orthodontists 17-19 November 2004 Isfahan Iran.
- “Non compliance treatment in Lingual Orthodontics” 2° International Convention of J.L.O.A. 27-28 March 2005 Tokyo Japan.
- “Rational application of the miniscrews in the interradicular sites” 6° Iternational Orthodontic Congress 10-14 September 2005 Paris France.
- “Biomechanic with miniscrews” 15° annual International Symposium on Implantology May 8-13 May 2006 Boston University Boston USA.
- “TADs and intermaxillary elastic traction: A preliminary report” 109° Annual Boston Session 1-5 May 2009 Boston USA.
- “Materiali e componenti per l’ancoraggio scheletrico” Congresso SIDO 10 Giugno 2011 Riccione.
- “Ortodonzia estetica o Estetica per l’ortodonzia?” 1° Congresso Iternazionale IAED Roma 23-24 Settembre 2011.
- “Priority factors in the skeletal anchorage with miniscrews” 3° World Implant Orthodontic Conference 6-8 October 2011 Verona Italy.
- “Izmir: Lingual orthodontic and TADs: a perfect Sinergy” 12° Iternational Symposium Turkish Orthodontic Society 17-20 October 2011.
- “Ancoraggio scheletrico con le miniviti: indicazioni,protocolli e applicazione clinica” 1° Simposio nazionale di Videochirurgia 12-14 Luglio 2012 Palazzo dei Congressi Taormina.
- “Treatment mechanics: present and future on clinic approach” 11° ESLO Congress 5-8 June 2014 Cernobbio Como Lake.
- “The next web remote generation in Lingual Orthodontics” 6° World Society of Lingual Orthodonticc Congress July 3-5 2015 Seoul SouthKorea.
- Open Day Allineatori Arc Angel 23 Gennaio 2016, Roma.
- “Possibilities and limitations with the Arc Angel aligner system” 1° EAS Congress 13-14 February 2016 Wien Austria.
- “Lingual Orthodontic reloaded : the next web remote generation” 47 SIDO International Congress 13-15 October 2016 Firenze.
- “SIDO Orthodontic in 4 D” Autore e regista del Film-Lectio Magistralis proiettato al 47 SIDO International Congress 13-15 October 2016 Firenze.
“THE USE OF ORTHODONTIC CLINICAL PRACTICE IN EVERYDAY MINISRCEWS”
XVI National Congress Genoa SIDO 25-27 October 2001
Stefano Velo – Professor School of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara;
Erminio Rotunno – Graduate School of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara;
Massimiliano Gulin – Specializing School of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara;
Rossella Maverna – Free Professional Busto Arsizio;
Thesis Master degree in Orthodontics
“Patient comfort in Lingual Technique: survey, research and developmental proposals”
Dissertation in Ferrara December 10, 1999
Abstract: The author after analyzing the response of three samples of patients in the areas of comfort during treatment of lingual (speech, tenderness of the language, hygiene, detachment of brackets, chewing.), Argues that with the lingual discomfort that is present early in treatment is gradually disappearing (in up to one month). Given that some attacks are more comfortable than others (from which derives the mean and statistical significance), offers an innovative design of a lingual bracket that takes count of all the signs of comfort for the patient and the orthodontist a good operation.
- New method for positioning an individual indirect attacks in the lingual technique. Italian Orthodontics vol 1.2 to 1992 p. 229-240.
- Considerations on the characteristics and clinical use in lingual orthodontic wires. Orthodontics Italian vol2, p 423-434 3-1993.
- Clinical study on oral hygiene in lingual technique: comparison of two different types of brackets. Italian Orthodontics vol. 11, 2 p 161-166 -2002.
- Self-etching vs. traditional bonding system in orthodontics: an in vitro study. Orthod. Craniofacial Res. 5, 2002, 166-169.
- Titanium Miniscrews and lingual technique: a perfect synergy for better mechanic and anchorage. J. of Lingual Orth. Vol 2 Number 4 2002 pag 87-91.
- Control of the occlusal plane: a comparison between the lingual and technical edgwise-Tweed. Italian Orthodontics Vol.11 1/2002 page 33-40.
- Clinical Application of the Miniscrew Anchorage System. Journal C. of Orthod. Vol XXXIX Number 1 Pag 9-24 January 2005
- Safe Zones: A Guide for Miniscrew Positioning in the Maxillary and Mandibular Arch. Angle Orthod. , Vol 76, N 2 : Pag 191–197.
- The Implant Distal-Jet. Journal C. of Orthod., Vol XLI Number 2 , pag 88-93, Fabruary 2007.
- Socio-psychological response to treatment lingual. Proceedings of National SIDO Florence in November 1992.
- Lingual technique: silent and invisibile orthodontics. E.S.L.O. Congress Venice June 1993.
- The lingual comfort bracket: a proposal to improve the benefit for the patient and for orthodontist. 4th ESLO Congress in Brussels June 2000.
- Titanium miniscrews and lingual technique: a perfect synergy for better mechanics and anchorage. E.S.L.O. Congress Berlin June 2002.
Congress and equity
- 17-19 September 20155° Internazional Meeting IAED - Monastier di Treviso (Italy)
- 15 November 2014Forum Ortodontico Invisalign - Venice (Italy)
- 4-5 July 20141° Arc Angel annual meeting - Centro Congressi Hotel Savoia - Rimini (Italy)
“Il sorriso del futuro“ - Chairman and Scientific Committee
- 24-27 November 201022° International Congress - Firenze (Italy)
- 8-11 July 20109° ESLO Congress, Queen Elizabeth II Conference center - London (UK)
Chairman and Scientific Committee
- 18-22 May 2007107°AAO Congress Seattle, Washington (USA)
- 15-18 June 20067° ESLO Congress - Laguna Palace Hotel - Venice (Italy)
- November 20014th AIOL Congress - Rome (Italy)
- 25-27 October 2001SIDO National Congress - Genoa (Italy)
"Self-etching vs. traditional bonding system in orthodontics: an in vitro study"
- 01-03 June 20004th Congress ESLO - Brussels (Belgium)
"Lingual comfort the bracket: a proposal to improve the benefit for the patient and for the orthodontist"
- 11-12-13 February 1999Hands on Course Lingual - Modena (Italy)
- 25 November 1998University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy)
"State of art in orthodontics lingual"
- 06-08 November 1998XIII National AIO Congress - Cagliari (Italy)
- 28-31 October 1998XV National SIDO Congress - Firenze (Italy)
“Functional asimmetry treatment in growing patient“ (poster)
“Diagnostic time in tooth agenesia“ (poster University of Ferrara – Italy )
- 25-27 September 19985th Panhellenic Orthod. Congress - Athens (Greece)
“Biomechanic in lingual orthodontic“
- 18-20 June 19983rd ESLO Congress - Rome (Italy)
“A comparison between the lingual and the tweed technique regarding the control of the occlusal plane“
- 18-20 October 1996XII National AIO Congress - Cagliari (Italy)
- 19-20 April 1996SIDO Congress Study Group - Varese (Italy)
“Control of vertical dimension in deep and open bite in lingual technique“
- 21-23 March 19962nd ESLO Congress - Montecarlo
“Root resorption study during lingual orthodontic treatment: a proposal on the risk index“
- 08-09 April 1995Updating meeting in lingual technique by Cagliari University - Forte dei Marmi (Italy)
“Speeching problem in lingual orthod. technique“
- 29 October / 01 November 1993XII SIDO Congress - Villa Erba, Cernobbio (Italy)
“Virtual or real extraction? A new aesthetic solution in the extraction treatment cases“
- 18-20 June 1993First ESLO Congress - Venice (Italy)
“Lingual technique: silent and invisible orthodontics“
- 05-08 November 1992SIDO National Congress - Firenze (Italy)
“Patient responses to lingual appliance“